Kaizen Event Preparation and Facilitation
Learn how to conduct a successful Kaizen Event!
This full day session, designed for Lean Lead and Certified Lean Facilitator candidates, addresses how to prepare for and lead successful Kaizen Events – from selection of high potential projects including preparation before and during the event through follow-up on improvement activities. Special consideration is given to the roles of the Team Facilitator and Team Leader before, during and after the event.
Pre-requisite: Lean Overview and Process Cells must be taken prior to attending Kaizen Event Preparation and Facilitation.
Course Content Includes:
- Definition of Kaizen
- Differences between the Japanese and American approach to Kaizen
- Types of Kaizen Events (pre-production versus production events)
- How events improve productivity
- Requirements for a Kaizen Facilitator
- Roles of the Team Facilitator, Team Leader and Team Members
- The 15 step process for conducting an event
- Documentation of the event results
- Reporting the results of the event to the management team
- Kaizen guidelines
- What to expect during the Team Leader and Event Leader evaluations
Upon completion of the Kaizen Event Preparation and Facilitation session, participants will be able to:
- Understand what an event will and will not accomplish
- Identify who should be part of the event team
- Understand the wastes targeted by an event
- Understand the responsibilities for the Facilitator, Team Leader and Team members before, during and after the event.
- Prepare the facility and the work site for the event